America’s most famous pop star flees the spotlight to recover from her latest break-up in Maine – only to fall for a local boy and be faced with an impossible choice at the end of the summer: her new guy, or her music.
We don’t all have the luxury of running off to spend a summer in Maine to heal our broken hearts. For us mere mortals, these are more like the 5 steps of heartbreak.
1. Sobbing. Uncontrollable sobbing.
We’ve all been there. Just let it out, girl. We’ve got tissues, chocolate and you’re fave PJs ready and waiting.
2. Complete and utter denial.
It was a mistake. A blip. Just a fight. We’ll fix it. We’re in love – it’s meant to be.
3. *permanently singing sad songs into your hairbrush*
You’ve gotta get it out of your system and why not do it in *ahem* style? Maybe don’t take too much advice from Bridget Jones though…
4. Raging anger and indignation.
Anger is fine. Anger is good. Anger means you’re not crying at least! Right?
5. Celebrating the single life!
You’re free – enjoy it! Mooch around the shops with your sisters, have movie nights with your girls and flirt to your heart’s content!
Grab your copy of ‘Sing’ here!
Tell us how you get over a break up [email protected]!
- MP! Exclusive: Win a signed copy of Amy Alward’s ‘The Potion Diaries’ signed by Zoella and Amy!
- WIN! Cast your vote to win an incredible Clare Furniss bundle posted straight to your door
- It’s time for battle! Will the UK or North America win the ‘We Are All Made of Molecules’ cover wars?
- WIN! A #YALC tote bag full of swag and signed by 30 authors, including VE Schwab, Michael Grant and Patrick Ness? Heck yes!
- The brand new ‘Book Box Club’ reveals its next theme plus all the subscription boxes you should be excited about this summer!
- QUIZ: Can you name the characters in these FictionAlley Harry Potter ships? Some pairings will shock you!
- MP! Exclusive: Be the first to get your hands on SJ Kincaid’s ‘The Diabolic’ – it’s ‘The Hunger Games’ meets ‘Red Queen’!
- ‘Sing’ for your sorrow? The 6 celebrity break-ups that we’re still not totally over!