Seventeen-year-old Nina doesn’t get why everyone’s obsessed with The Point – but when she averts a backstage disaster and is offered a job on tour, she can hardly turn it down. She quickly learns that being with the hottest band on the planet isn’t as easy as it looks: behind the scenes, the boys are on the verge of splitting up. Tasked with keeping an eye on four gorgeous but spoiled rock stars, Nina’s determined to stick it out – and not fall for any of them …
There are some books that you need a soundtrack to and ‘Love Song’ is 100% one of them!
‘Girl Almighty’, One Direction
Nina is one tough cookie, and we think this song would be the perfect song to fit with her accompanying The Point on tour. We can totally see her chasing the boys through hotels and airports to this.
‘Safety Pin’, 5SOS
“Broken boy meets broken girl’ – this song totally fits Nina and the boys from The Point. Nina’s a little broken since a catastrophic break up and the boys are each a little damaged in their own way, but together, they’re fixing those things.
‘Chronic’, Phoebe Ryan
Nina, as much as she tells herself, most definitely cannot, no way, won’t do – falls head over heels for a member of The Point. We think this is a perf song choice for her not-so-mild feelings.
‘Girlfriend’, Avril Lavigne
A pop punk classic from our fave, Avril Lavigne. Yeah, Nina may not be quite so aggressive about the girl her dream boy is currently cuddled up with, but we know this must be playing in her head.
‘Love Yourself’, Justin Bieber
Is there a better break up song at the mo than Justin Bieber’s ‘Love Yourself’? The Point’s lead singer, Jamie, can most definitely say goodbye to his fiance, Singrid, with this chilled out song.
Don’t forget to check out the QR code on ‘Love Song’ that will take you to a special Spotify playlist of songs that inspired Sophia Bennett when writing the book!
Read it already? Which song would you match with the book? Tell us at @maximumpopbooks!
- 4 things we love about the cover of ‘Sign of One’ by Eugene Lambert!
- WIN! We’ve got 10 signed copies of ‘Chasing the Stars’ by Malorie Blackman to give away!
- 6 things to do with books you didn’t really like
- 7 Series We Didn’t Want to End. Ever.
- WIN! We’ve got 5 signed copies of ‘Dream House’ to give away YouTube sensation Mariza ‘CutiePieMariza’ Bisognin
- Shadowhunter Super Fan Event in Snaps: 25 pics from Saturday’s event
- Wear your bookish love loud and proud and nab yourself a bookish t-shirt