We were pretty gutted when Filipino girlband, 4th Impact, were eliminated from last week’s X Factor but that doesn’t mean we’re going to stop supporting them and we think this is just the beginning for the girls. Here are some facts for you to get to know your new favourite girl group.
1. The band is made up of four members – Irene, Celena, Almira and Mylene.
2. The girl group hail from the city Santiago in the Philippines but hope to one day move to London permanently.
3. Their previous names include 4th Power, MICA and The Gollayan Sisters because, if you didn’t know, they are in fact sisters.
4. They first began singing together in 2001 meaning they have been a girl group for 14 years! Probably helps since they’re all related and see each other all the time.
5.They already had a good following in YouTube with over 38,000 subscribers. Their channel consists of various covers, in case you didn’t know.
6. Their order of age is as follows-Almira, 27, Irene, 25, Mylene, 23, and Celena Cercado, 19.
7. They’ve never been kissed! Despite the fact that Irene has actually had a boyfriend, there has been a sincere lack of any physical form of showing their love. Talking to The Mirror, Irene said “We have never kissed boys before. It is very strict in the Philippines, and so different to the UK. Our mum is very strict. I’m the only one who has ever had a boyfriend and we make sure Mum is there at all times. We are never on our own together.’
8. They don’t drink alcohol, either! The girls are teetotal and say ‘we are from a very Catholic, conservative country and we don’t drink alcohol.The other contestants can’t believe we’ve never even tried alcohol, not even a sip.’ Well, who needs to get drunk just to have fun, anyway?
9. They’ve appeared on previous talent shows such as South Korean show Superstar K6 in 2014 where they auditioned with this amazing cover of ‘Let it Go’…
10. The girls already have their first post X Factor gig! No time to rest for this girl group as they are announced to be performing at The Clothes Show on Monday 7th December. Hooray!
We have full confidence that the girls will be back very soon and we cannot wait to see what they get up to!