‘Dark Days Club’ by Alison Goodman is a tale of sophistication, class, high society, and…well, demonic forces not to be reckoned with. It’s been described as Cassandra Clare meets Jane Austen and has already attracted 506 ratings on Goodreads a whole week before it’s even out.
Still not sure if this is the book for you? Here are 3 reasons we think it deserves a spot on your bookshelf this January.
1. If you love the poise and elegance of society balls, as well as the charm and manners of old-fashioned romance, then ‘Dark Days Club’ needs to be on your TBR.
Not only are the descriptions of luxurious gowns and dainty gloves totally swoon-worthy, but Goodman’s extensive research on 1800s Regeancy is hard to miss, giving a real meaty feeling to what could have been a fluffy read.
2. The beautiful cover is a reason in itself. Don’t pretend not to be the shallow, cover-stroking bookworm you are, and claim not to have impulse-bought a book simply because it looks pretty. It’s okay, we’ve all been there, and we think more than a few people will fall victim to ‘Dark Days Club’s charms.
3. This is your chance to explore the shadowy underbelly of 19th century London with a kick-ass lady demon hunter by your side.
While Lady Helen may be a lady, she is by no means afraid of the supernatural, and if you’re into the same fantasy action of Cassandra Clare’s Shadowhunter world, ‘Dark Days Club’ will not disappoint.
Got you hooked? Pre-order now.
- What books did we read in December and now want to scream about from the rooftops?
- MP!er Tayler stayed up way too late reading because she needed to see how ‘My Life Next Door’ developed.
- Check out the teaser trailer for the new, life-action, Roald Dahl, BFG film.
- Which lovable misfit from James Dawson’s ‘All of the Above’ are you?
- Read the first chapter of the ‘Half Bad’ finale, ‘Half Lost’.
- ‘Throne of Glass’ Colouring Book: what we hope to see in this September 2016 release
- Can you guess what DIMILY author Estelle Maskame did to the first boy she kissed? Find out here
- Interview with author of ‘Splintered’ series, AG Howard: what you can expect from ‘Untamed’
- QUIZ: Which January YA release should you read first?
- YA romance favourite, Huntley Fizpatrick, names her top 10 swooniest moments in fiction – incl. 10 Things I Hate About You!
- Trailer: need a fab new read? Check out Marianne Levy’s ‘Accidental Superstar’
- Illumicrate November Round-Up: 3 reasons you need to subscribe to the February box ASAP
- Divergent-inspired New Years Resolutions: “Find out why Caleb looks so familiar” – Tris