Harry and the gang ended up in some intense shizz. And sometimes there were moments where you just need someone to say it as it was. To just say the words we were all thinking…
Yes. Ron Weasley. The “everyman”. Just saying it as he saw it since ‘The Philosopher’s Stone’.
1. When something marvellous happens and you just need a moment…
“Don’t talk to me.”
“Because I want to fix that in my memory for ever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret…”
2. And this, because it works both in and out of context:
3. If we were ever in one of Trelawny’s classes…
“From now on, I don’t care if my tea leaves spell ‘Die, Ron, Die,’ I’m chucking them in the bin where they belong.”
4. And coming out of the exam…
“Well, we were always going to fail that one.”
5. Because Divination was literally the worst. But the best for Ron-isms:
“Can I have a look at Uranus too, Lavender?”
6. And if you have to put your life on the line, you ain’t dyin’ for just anyone.
“IF WE DIE FOR THEM, I’LL KILL YOU, HARRY!”
7. Sarcasm is always your friend.
“Oh, of course…I forgot we’ll be hunting down Voldemort in a mobile library.”
8. And srsly not understanding why all the feels are out at once…
“One person can’t feel all that at once, they’d explode.”
9. And of course you know stuff. When it’s important.
“Yeah, well, food’s one of the five exceptions to Gamp’s Law of Elemental Transfigurations,” said Ron, to general astonishment.”
10. As if this wouldn’t cross your mind if you had a wand…
“I can make that old bloke down there pick his nose again… and again… and again…”
“Yeah, we’ll call you,” muttered Ron as the knight disappeared, “If we ever need someone mental.”
12. Someone has to be sensible, right?
“The house-elf who lives here,” said Ron. “Nutter. Never met one like him.”
“He is not a nutter,” said Hermione.
“His life’s ambition is to have his head cut off and stuck up on a plaque like his mother”, said Ron. “Is that normal, Hermione?”
13. Just saying it as you see it…
“Doctors?” said Ron, looking startled. “Those Muggle nutters that cut people up?”
14. When you have that friend that feels the need to educate you in the worst possible moments…
“Stop moving!” Hermione ordered them. “I know what this is — it’s Devil’s Snare!”
“Oh, I’m so glad we know what it’s called, that’s a great help,”
15. When your own lessons are a little different. But still effective:
“So Dobby stopped us from getting on the train and broke your arm. . . .” He shook his head. “You know what, Harry? If he doesn’t stop trying to save your life he’s going to kill you.”
16. And really, Ron sums it up for all of us here, as the voice of multiple generations… he just gets us:
“I hate being poor.”
Do you have a fave Weasley moment? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
- Cover reveal: Sophie McKenzie’s ‘Girl, Missing’ is 10 years old and it’s got a swanky new cover!
- Meredith Russo is straight up inspirational. Why? This is why…
- Win! 1 of 10 copies of ‘With Malice’ by Eileen Cook + a poster!
- Have you ever seen a book quite as flawless as this? Vivi Greene’s ‘Sing’ is owning the #shelfie
- Judge a Book By Its Cover: Rosalind Jana’s ‘Notes on Being Teenage’ is stand-out-on-the-shelf beautiful
- Not ready for ‘The Crown’ to end? Find out your Selection name!
- Struggling to pronounce the names in ‘A Court of Mist and Fury’? Sarah J Maas has got you covered
- Morgan Matson is the Queen of Summer and she’s sharing her summer essentials!