The hashtag #GrowingUpBritish went viral this week and we had a blast looking through it as it was basically the most relatable thing EVER.
(Ok Taylor Swift didn’t grow up in Britain, but she loves the country so much she wears the flag on her outfits.)
Here are 16 tweets that perfectly explain the experience of growing up in Britain:
1. Respecting the hierarchy of primary school
2. Waiting years to get your pen license
— Exam Problems (@ExamProblems) July 3, 2016
3. Handing out these bad boys and saving the dirtiest one for the person you didn’t like
— z (@zxxchh) July 3, 2016
4. Reading about these guys who were basically the original squad goals
— Jack Griffiths (@JackGriffiths1) July 3, 2016
5. Spending every evening on MSN
— MISSPAP (@misspapcouk) July 4, 2016
6. Your life goal being to go on Jungle Run
— JoannasCorner (@JoannasCorner) July 3, 2016
7. Every Saturday night consisting of these lit AF shows
— Beckii Whiting (@beckiiwhiting) July 3, 2016
8. Understanding the concept of inflation from a young age
— JRDN (@JordBBGrime) July 3, 2016
9. This guy
— kom (@nameIessko) June 30, 2016
10. Begging your mum to get you McDonald’s for one reason only
— mia x (@buterazoella) July 2, 2016
11. Being unable to hear the number 64 without bursting into song
being unable to hear the number 64 without bursting into song to this theme tune pic.twitter.com/eurG1r8N3N
— aliya (@idkaston) July 5, 2016
You never really grow out of it.
12. Experiencing severe disappointment like this
#GrowingUpBritish being gutted when you bought something from JD Sports but they gave you a normal carrier bag rather than a drawstring one
— Callum (@cal_thornhill) July 5, 2016
13. Impressing your friends by being able to do these
— Hanaa (@__sakhare) July 4, 2016
Oh scoobies, we miss you.
14. Punching somebody whenever you saw a yellow car
— Growing Up British (@growing_Up_Brit) July 6, 2016
Why? Nobody knows.
15. This banger of a tune
— heather (@lolitshev) July 3, 2016
16. Never being able to see any of your favourite pop stars live
— l u c y ⚯͛ (@asdfghjkLUCY_) July 3, 2016
This one’s still real tbh.
Got your own #GrowingUpBritish tweets? Let us know them @maximumpop