Being single on V Day can make you feel like a ball of crap. Your friends are gushing over the surprises their BFs and GFs have lavished on them, Facebook is full of sickening photos (please, don’t. We really don’t want to see it) and there’s red and pink EVERYWHERE.
We have nothing against love, but URGH.
It can be a really lonely day and feeling lonely and unloved is one of the suckier feelings you can have.
But V Day doesn’t need to be all bad. It can actually be kinda nice, even if you’re single.
1. You can do what ever you want on February 14th.
Not in the mood for people, feeling ill, tired or stressed – have a bath, read your book and get an early night. There’s no pandering to the expectations of the day. AT ALL. Bliss.
2. We really don’t need chocolate or flowers – we can buy them ourselves. This, however…
This Valentines give her what she really wants: a throne forged from the bones of her enemies & a relentless reign of terror over the masses
— Jeff Wysaski (@pleatedjeans) February 13, 2015
This we want. Please?
3. The potential for evil.
Can't wait for Valentines Day. I'm gonna run into as many restaurants as I can shouting "Knew I'd find you here! You bastard" then run out.
— Ruthe Phoenix (@RuthePhoenix) January 24, 2015
4. Exchanging heartfelt Valentines with your BFFs.
5. Absolutely zero chance of rejection.
6. No weird/creepy/disturbing presents.
8. There’s a difference between being alone and being lonely, and we’re totally fine being alone. We’re awesome.
9. Showing yourself some love is JUST as important.
Me on Valentine's Day pic.twitter.com/BNTLrKWCBH
— Cassandra Michaels (@theCassMichaels) January 31, 2016
10. There’s nobody holding you back from spending the day with the actual love of your life now.
11. Galentine’s Day is always a winner.
12. Who needs romance? You’ve got the best besties around.
13. Make yourself feel special. You deserve it.
14. February 15th? HELL YEAH.
Chocolates on Valentine’s Day isn’t cool. You know what’s cool? 70% Off clearance chocolates the days following Valentines day. #valentines #happyvalentinesday #chocolates #roses #heart #valentinesmeme #valentinesday #lads #discount #tflers #TeamSingle #inarelationship #relationship #swag #babe #bae #funny #sarcasm #red #love #iloveyou #feelings #ily #일요일
Are you celebrating Valentine’s Day or Galentine’s Day this year? Let us know in the comments below.