Oh, glasses… How we have a love/hate relationship with you. On one hand, we kinda need you to see and we appreciate you for granting us that privilege. However, on the other hand, you are basically the bane of our life.
Here are 13 things you’ll only understand if you’re one of the 6 in 10 people who wear glasses. (Which by the way, is the coolest percentage of the population.)
1. You live for the euphoria of finally being able to see after cleaning your glasses
Glasses can be a pain, but I'll never trade that moment where you clean them after theyve been dirty a while and its like THE WORLDS AMAZING
— The Protadin (@KT_Deathope) March 31, 2016
EVERYTHING’S SO VIVID AND CLEAR.
2. Snapchat never recognises your face when you’re playing with funky filters
As someone who wears glasses I get offended on the daily by snapchat pic.twitter.com/Vq5WODtQyC
— jessicles (@jesimink) March 27, 2016
All we want in life is to be able to take a cute selfie with puppy ears.
3. This vicious cycle
It's a struggle losing your glasses and not being able to look for them because you're basically blind without them
— S4IF (@S4IFF) March 30, 2016
Life is unfair.
4. You’ve definitely considered patenting windscreen wipers for glasses
— Kaylin Cano (@Kaylin_Cano) March 30, 2016
5. This is your life in winter
everyone with glasses will understand the struggle pic.twitter.com/zLUy6whkrT
— The Female Book (@thefemaleboook) March 26, 2016
6. You’ve sacrificed vision just so people can appreciate your flawless eye makeup
7. You live for mini thrills like this
Doing makeup without my glasses on is like a fun challenge. Is my eyeliner on my eye or cheek? Did I just contour my ear? Haha exciting!
— laura (@LauraTilde) March 26, 2016
Totally just accidentally gave ourselves a uni-brow.
8. There’s no question you hate being asked as much as “How many fingers am I holding up?”
Listen, just cause I'm not wearing my glasses, doesn't mean it looks like you're holding up 157 fingers. Ok?
— Samiyyah (@zninja14) March 26, 2016
9. Everyone tries on your glasses like it’s the latest fashion trend
Not like you need these to see or anything.
10. Backhanded compliments really grind your gears
Person: you look better without glasses
Me: you look better without my glasses as well
— Dana (@Deianeira18) March 30, 2016
11. Napping is a daily struggle
12. You can’t wear shades and it kills you inside
13. And finally… everyone thinks you’re smart just because you wear glasses
It’s probably just an illusion but we’ll take the compliment anyway thx.
Can you relate to any of the struggles on this list? Tell us any more you can think of with a tweet to @maximumpop!