The LGBTQ+ community is thriving and moving from strength to strength in 2016. However, despite being part of such a warm and welcoming collection of people, there are certainly a lot of struggles that come along with it. Here are 11 uplifting tweets all LGBTQ+ people should read to help raise their spirits when they’re feeling low:
— God (@TheGoodGodAbove) May 23, 2015
2. #queerselflove is a hashtag and it rocks
Dear everyone in the #queerselflove hashtag: You are beautiful. You are magnificent. You are loved. You are needed. You are AMAZING.
— Chelsea M. Cameron (@chel_c_cam) June 15, 2016
3. Nobody is born with prejudice
— Ranj Singh (@DrRanj) June 14, 2016
4. Even Mario Kart references are applicable to the LGBTQ+ experience
6. We can never be grateful enough to the predecessors
Loved LA Pride today. Grateful for all the lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender icons who fought to make celebrating in the streets reality.
— Tyler Oakley (@tyleroakley) June 9, 2014
7. Trans is beautiful
It took me time to internalize that all the things that make me obviously trans are beautiful. But they are https://t.co/Jhad7ZfrSK
— Laverne Cox (@Lavernecox) April 16, 2016
8. Be proud because #LoveIsLove
Bi, Gay, Trans, Pan, Asexual, Queer, or nothing at all. Whatever you identify as, it's okay. Be proud of who you are #LoveIsLove
— winner (@goldendust) June 12, 2016
9. Love and support has continued to grow exponentially
— History In Pictures (@HistoryInPics) June 16, 2016
10. It’s never too late to marry the one you love
— Kristen Bell (@IMKristenBell) June 26, 2015
11. Even the animals are full of LGBTQ+ pride
We're never gonna beat Canada.
— Clint Falin (@ClintFalin) June 14, 2016
What are your favourite LGBTQ+ positive tweets? Let us know @maximumpop!
- 15 signs you’re a self-confessed dog lover
- What the actual eff is hay fever all about, and how can yo make it feel better?
- 11 times RuPaul was the role model you never knew you needed!
- The ultimate packing list for your summer sun getaway, plus our top packing tips!
- 14 signs you might be a crazy cat lady
- 13 tell-tale signs you’re becoming Taylor Swift