We would NEVER judge a book by its cover…
Ok, so it’s totally possible. Of course it’s not ALL about the outside, we love what’s on the inside too. But sometimes the face of a book can change how we feel about it. Truth. Don’t believe us? Take a look at these international covers. They’ll change you.
1. ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’ courtesy of Sweden. There is so much to enjoy about this cover. Let is assault your eyes. You’re welcome.
2. Believe it our not… But this is ‘The Fault in Our Stars’. We like the direction they went in, but it’s just SO DIFFERENT to the black, white and blue clouds we’ve come to expect. (Again, Sweden).
3. ‘Twilight’ from Indonesia. Who’s the blonde chick? Now you’ll spend more time than is considered normal trying to fathom it.
4. Russia have found a way to terrify you before you even crack the book open. Srsly. Terrifying.
5. ‘Anna and the French Kiss’ from Italy. Love it. Also, makes us a little hungry…
6. ‘Cress’ from (yep, you guessed it) Sweden. Boobs ahoy. Ahh, didn’t notice the boobs? Now you do.
7. Another Marissa Meyer, this time it’s ‘Cinder’ straight from Spain.
8. ‘Shadow and Bone’ by Leigh Bardugo and man oh man, the Italians are doing something SO RIGHT with this one. How suitably sinister is this?
9. Ooh, look. Wistful ‘Vampire Academy’ from the Netherlands.
10. ‘We Were Liars’ just got even more intense… (From Romania)
11. And finally, here’s Maggie Stiefvater’s ‘The Raven Boys’ giving off a totally different vibe (which we’re still digging) with its German cover:
Which is your favourite? Would you buy different editions for your collection? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
- Quiz: The ultimate friendship test! Is it BFFs, or FFN? (Friends For Now)
- Publishing 101: Where do you belong?
- These limited editions of your fave books will seriously test your cool
- Luna? Cath? Who’s your favourite YA dreamer?
- Quiz: would you have survived the Triwizard Tournament?
- The results are in! Your favourite book cover of July is…
- Quiz: is this quote from ‘The Maze Runner’ or ‘Anna and the French Kiss’ trilogy?
- All the things we learnt at the Chapter 5 Summer proof party
- Watch: Nat Luurtsema and Siobhan Curham battle it out in a fierce games of Heads Up!
- 6 things we learned from Queen Sarah Dessen