We love book covers here at MP!. In fact, you could even say that we’re obsessed by them. So it’s no surprise that one of our favourite things to do is track down the most horrifying covers out there and laugh until we pee.
Be prepared. There are some gems ahead.
We can’t decide if the Word Art font is worse than the poor photoshopped woman…
*backs away slowly* We don’t even want to look at this one for too long…
We’re just not even really sure where to start with this one. Weirdly blurred photoshopping, strange title, dodgy font – it’s a beaut
Eh, not bad, right? Look closer. Yep, there you go. #sorrynotsorry
It’s available now, you know? ‘Cos it says that RIGHT ON THE COVER. Plus, the baby looks like an alien
That is one huge ass wolf – they should probably be running away rather than pouting and posing
Yeah, this is actually the front cover. So much text, so much horror
We’re all for cute cat pics, but this cover is on a whole other level
There is just so much going on here that we’re gonna need a few minutes to digest it, but that font, man
We’re not laughing, you’re laughing
Is it us or is she a really weird, elongated alien shape?
Well, it’s definitely bright and impossible not to notice
Laughing at someone’s artistic pursuits is mean, very mean. Someone make us stop laughing, please
Share some more horrible book covers with us at @maximumpopbooks
- Watch: Will Honor and Perdita Cargill or Clare Furniss win the battle of YA quotes?
- Get the Look: Holly Smale’s ‘Head Over Heels’ inspired us to embrace our inner model geek!
- Quiz: Which ‘Harry Potter’ House does your pet belong in?
- What’s your badass rock band name?
- Books on the Go: Amy Alward reveals how you can be totally bookish and still travel light
- 9 memoirs that are perfect for fans of YA