More and more females are shopping in the men’s section recently and it’s pretty simple to see why: 1) Cheaper yet better quality shirts 2) Gender norms are so last century, right?
Clothes don’t have genders but sadly some people still don’t understand that. Fortunately though, it does make for some pretty damn relatable tweets.
Here are 10 things you’ll only know to be true if you’re a girl who shops in the men’s section:
1. You’re constantly having to explain yourself
NO LADY I AM NOT IN THE MENS SECTION SHOPPING FOR SOMEONE ELSE I AM HERE FOR MYSELF
— :/ (@victorias1209) May 15, 2016
2. But you don’t understand why because it’s pretty clear to you why everyone should shop there
i can't be the only one that shops in the mens section for nice t's and sweaters
— alely (@esmeraldaalely) April 28, 2016
3. You can never really be sure what other people think
A guy came up to me at the gym and said he had be same shirt as me. Was he flirting with me or tryin to tell me I shop in the mens section??
— Samantha Pleiness (@sammipleiness) May 16, 2016
4. But you don’t really care anyway
when an employee tells you "just to let you know this is the mens section" like you didn't already know that..
— shan❥☪ (@shanuskin) April 27, 2016
5. People are constantly telling you what to do
6. Or staring like they think you’re lost
GOD MAN WHY CANT I KUST LOOK FOR SWEATSHIRFS IN THE MENS SECTION WITHOUT GETTING WEIRD LOOKS?? WHO THE HELL FID THIS MAN JESUS
— hardesty (@trinityhvrdesty) April 23, 2016
7. You enjoy converting women’s-section-only shoppers
my mum was unsure on whether or not to buy a sweater from the mens section & my dad said "clothes have no gender" & i've never felt so proud
— Jason 🐺 (@broodyprince) May 3, 2016
8. No one really understands why you shop there, no matter how many times you explain
9. You wish people would mind their own business
10. But you’re still never going back to your old life, like ever
i should shop in the mens section for tshirts from now on
— NOT TODAY | Aniqa (@anxqaa) May 8, 2016
Can you relate to any of the struggles on this list? Send us your own experiences shopping in the men’s section with a tweet to @maximumpop