Oh Japan. You’re the birthplace of so many beautiful things. Pokemon, the Playstation, the pocket calculator, Doge…
And it’s also the place of much wonder and joy to the internet. Here’s all the time Japan was legit the place for your inner fangirl to frolic:
1. Traffic jams are never quite the same…
Meanwhile, in Japan pic.twitter.com/wB0Wrn1q0H
— Felicia Capcome (@FeliciaCapcome) December 11, 2016
2. And neither is commuting. “PLEASE MIND THE DOORS!”
— フライパンダニュース (@flyingpandanews) December 12, 2016
3. And if you thought YOU were Christmas af…
— New York Post (@nypost) December 11, 2016
4. Whatever this is.
5. Some things are actually quite logical. Why don’t we do this?
Meanwhile, in Japan…
Around the globe QR codes are being used in fantastically creative ways. We've followed… https://t.co/pAxpGhL6oP
— Olive Rosehips (@QueenOfQRC) December 10, 2016
6. Forget the local carnival… THIS would give us so much life.
7. If you’re afraid of dinosaurs (a legitimate fear, tbf) then this is not for you…
This is one of those fever dreams that you never quite recover from.
8. Yep. Still winning at Christmas. Soz.
— REZtron (@theREZtron) December 8, 2016
9. But THIS is a thing of absolute beauty. Would 100% live in this tree:
— Mari Iwa (@Mari5HK) December 8, 2016
10. Game shows pushing it further than even you wanted it to go.
Makes ‘I’m a Celebrity…’ look like a cake walk.
11. Total Wipeout. Japan-style.
There is so much to look at in this photo. Plus, that banana…
13. Yes. 10 points to Gryffindor for this guy.
— SFW (@cinnamonwalsh) December 4, 2016
14. Ooh. Ok. You need to hit play on this one.
Meanwhile in Japan… Earthquake Safety Bed pic.twitter.com/vPVpvs3pOi
— Wiki Akiba (@wikiakiba) December 2, 2016
Are they sure it won’t actually kill you anyway? Ooh. Oh. No thanks.
15. J-pop super group E-girls literally pwning Xmas and any attempts by our beloved Brit bands:
Like, seriously. How can we compete with that? #slay
It may be slightly odd, a little wacky and a bucketload of wtf, but it’s without a doubt an awesome place, right? We’re packing already!
Plus, find all your fave J-pop bands on Snapchat using our nifty directory!