The phrase “new year, new me” has been haunting us on social media since the middle of November. And it’s cool, we’re totally on board with achieving them goals… But at least give us something we can actually root for, you know?
So here’s a few new year updates that we can legit get behind. If you want a more realistic resolution though, we’ve got a quiz for that.
1. Ha! Been there. Or if you haven’t… you will. You will.
S/O to everybody who gotta change their Netflix password in 2017 because you leaving someone who got it in 2016. #NewYearNewMe
— Candice Marie Benbow (@CandiceBenbow) December 23, 2016
2. Because we see you when you’re telling fibs. WE SEE YOU!
3. But then again, we totally believe this dog. Go figure.
4. This will be adopted by all.
5. When you’ve legit had enough now.
— Sasuke (@RoguePapi) January 1, 2017
6. Condiments. Realistic goals. A great attitude.
I've been a hot sauce/ketchup kinda guy on my Harolds for some years but starting January 1st I'm going back to Mild Sauce #NewYearNewMe
— DracOVO (@JusRideTheJETT) December 23, 2016
lol everyone comes home from college and cuts their hair #NewYearNewMe
— Lauren Widaman (@lewidaman) December 23, 2016
9. The kind of motivation that we can totes understand.
— sdutka (@stacydutka) January 2, 2017
10. See? Just start small. #achievement
— Keℓℓy Smith (@Wiz__Kellyfa) January 2, 2017
12. The real inspiration makers of 2017:
I am 2 sprinkle donuts deep already today#newyearnewme
— Phillip Carey (@PACMAN2448) January 2, 2017
13. You go girl!
Instead of ordering myself a Chinese takeaway I have had a Chinese chow mein pot noodle #NewYearNewMe ☺️☺️☺️
— katherine newnham (@kathlouisexo) January 2, 2017
My sister is about to go on a run, meanwhile I'm melting cheese onto my bacon sandwich #newyearnewme
— Robin Grace ✌🏻️ (@RobinGraceC) January 2, 2017
15. That’s more like it.
16. More noodles. And we approve.
— Eliza Fraser (@Minilyzer) January 2, 2017
17. Being wasteful of food is a sin, so this dude deserves a medal… and a potential medical examination.
I wasn't confident it would make me ill so I ate some re-heated rice afterwards too
— Action Hero (@ActionHeroLive) January 2, 2017
Every taco is a salad if you put lettuce in it #NewYearNewMe
— Regan Donohue (@ragin_reggae) January 2, 2017
What unremarkably normal but heroic things have you committed to this year? Tell us in the comments below.